Signs That Your Roof May Need To Be Replaced:
- Shingle edges are curled or cupped.
- Cracked or broken shingles.
- Bald spots on shingles where granules are missing.
- Your roof looks old and worn.
- Dark streaks. On roof decks, airborne algae leave dark streaks. This may not necessarily harm the roof shingles, but it may not look appealing.
- Your neighbors are having their roofs replaced. The same types of weather experienced by homes built around the same time can indicate that your roof is almost at the end of its lifespan.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old. Although many shingles produced now are made for durability, many circumstances can cause shingles to age more quickly than they should. For instance, improper ventilation on your roof may harm your shingles.
- Moss growth is not always just a cosmetic problem. Lack of sunlight can cause moss to develop on roof surfaces, especially in cool, humid settings. In freezing climates, moss traps moisture against the roof surface and, over time, can harm the granules on the tops of the tiles. Although moss can be brushed off, doing so won’t stop it from sprouting up again. Take care to avoid scratching the shingle surface. You might need to contact an experienced roofing contractor like IBEX Roofing & Solar.